Your input is needed! We’re organizing a display of books selected by you, our hard-working staff members of the FAU Libraries. We usually do not acquire new materials during the summer months, so what better way to keep the book display alive than to include some of your favorite reads? If you are interested in participating, please fill out the following form by May 30. Your picks will be highlighted in a future blog post.
A few things to note:
- The book must be owned by the FAU Libraries, and can be new or old – the publication date is irrelevant. If it’s currently available in the general collection on the Boca Campus, we’ll retrieve it from the stacks and put in on display in the Wimberly lobby. If it’s currently checked out or housed in Special Collections, the Jaffe Center for Book Arts, Jupiter, or HBOI we’ll still include your pick on the blog.
- E-books are acceptable.
- Do let us know if your favorite book or books are marked “Lost.” We’ll look into acquiring a replacement copy, if funds are available next fiscal year.
- Can’t find your favorite book in the collection? Make a suggestion here: http://www.library.fau.edu/eforms/printreq.htm.
- We can list your first and last name or just your first name on the blog. It’s up to you.
- You may submit up to three titles, but please use one form per book.
- This is currently open to Libraries staff only. We may consider reading suggestions from other FAU members at some point in the future.